Friendly Fire

Riding on Daddy's coattails can come in handy in life.  I should know, my Dad has been in the food industry and I can go eat at his restaurant whenever I please!

For Sean Lennon it's the same, but listen to the song that was playing in my brain this morning and decide for yourself if he's earned the right to be recognized on his own as a musician.  I say yes!

(The song actually ends around the 5 minute mark, but for some reason it goes into another song on this clip)



And how funny, I've already started talking about Dads before being pointed out by my wife that  tomorrow is Fathers Day. 

And how funny that John Lennon would come up on my music blog on Fathers Day. 

Let me tell you why, here is a picture of my dad on his wedding day in 1973.  My grandparents are in the background.  You can laugh at it, I give you permission.


Here is a picture of John Lennon a few years earlier. 


Lennon, musically was a hero to my Dad.  I was raised on the Beatles, and enjoyed hearing stories about them from my Dad.  Lennon was his favorite- and so were Lennon's songs. 

John Lennon was murdered on December 8th, 1980.  I was a year old and it was my Dad's 29th birthday.  He told me that he cried when he found out. 

Weird that this has taken a serious turn on a site where I try to make people laugh usually, but the coincidence of talking about Sean Lennon on Fathers Day just seemed too appropriate. 

Lots of love to a Dad who never yelled, always made you feel uniquely appreciated and proud.  Thank you for instilling an appreciation of music in me, love for family, and for giving me the desire to be a father myself.

2 comments: