Small Town Moon

The Queen of Finding her way into my brain has had another victory today. 



Irony- Regina means "Queen" in Italian.  See how clever I am friends?



The song stuck in my head is "Small Town Moon" the opening track from Spektor's 2012 album WHAT WE SAW FROM THE CHEAP SEATS. 




(Fun (boring) fact, this is the 8th song of Spektor's I've blogged about here and the fourth from this album)




This song catches so beautifully what Regina does so well.  Namely:



-Her voice is just really nice, clear, pure with a great sense of pitch. 




-Coloratura.... is that a word you can even use in pop?  She does it a bit with all her songs and her
voice just rolls. 




-Interesting subject matter, somebody who's left a small town for the big city. 




-Quirky, unexpected twists in the song, my favorite being the way she repeats "baby baby baby baby baby baby...." so many more times than she should.  Only Regina Spektor can get away with this sort of thing.




I guess I should let you listen to the song, now that I've talked your ear off about it:



Leave a comment if you think this song is neat. 







1 comment: