I'll Be Seeing You


This weeks post is brought to you by the jazz standard "I'll Be Seeing You."  You know this one, right? 

Maybe you've heard this version, by Bing Crosby:












Or this version by Billie Holliday:







Or this version by Dean Martin:



Or this version by Rosemary Clooney:








Or this version by Michael Buble:





Or this version by Bernadette Peters:


Or this version by Liberace:



Or this version by Stevie Wonder:







ANYWAY.  You get the point.

(For anyone who cares, this song originally was in a Broadway musical called RIGHT THIS WAY in 1938.  The play bombed and closed after only a few weeks, but the song remained.  The music is by Sammy Fain and lyrics by Irving Kahal.  If I were smart I could tell you more about these fellows.  If I weren't exhausted, I would do some more research.)

Hugs.

Brady



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment