True Love Will Find You in the End

9/15/2019


I learned last week that singer-songwriter and artist, Daniel Johnston, passed away.

I first heard of Johnston when my cousin loaned me a copy of a DVD called "The Devil and Daniel Johnston."  If you are a music lover, and like hearing stories about fascinating people, this documentary is worth checking out. 

Daniel Johnston is an oddity.  His singing voice is barely listenable at times, but his songs are sincere and sometimes littered with subtle brilliance.  He was brilliant, and he had a lot of troubles.  I'm not surprised to hear he's passed away.

I've always loved his hopeful song "True Love Will Find You in the End" although hearing it breaks my heart every time.  I wasn't too surprised to find it playing in my head on this morning. 


Here's the song:   









And if you're more interested in hearing the song with a more commercialized-sounding voice, here's Beck's lovely cover of the song:








Have a good one.  




No comments:

Post a Comment