J

3/23/20

Dear Andrew,

Whelp turned 41 yesterday and I guess whatever. 

I know I've played Reggie and the Full Effect a little bit for you.  You may or may not know that Reggie released a record in 2008 called "Last Stop Crappy Town"   The record is very different when it comes to Reggie's music... more serious.  In fact, James Dewees (he's the guy behind Reggie, maybe better known for playing with The Get Up Kids) was going through some serious rehabbing when he wrote this record.

Did you notice the name of this song?  It's really called "J" 

J references, I believe J St. which was a stop on the subway James took every day on his way to rehab.  The whole record sounds and feels like a runaway freight train on its way to hell, up until the very end.  I dig the record although it's pretty dark, and there's some scream-singing going on.

Today's song, which is probably the most commercial sounding, also features some of this screaming stuff.  I'm curious what you think of it?  For some reason, I forgive Reggie when he goes all scream-o on me.  But most people I know can hardly stand it.

Stay safe in your house quanrenteening!

HUGS
Brady


YouTube refers to this song as J Train.  Neat neat neat.  





2 comments:

  1. Apparently the subscription service is working from home with kids bc I just barely got the email about this. I thought the song was fun. I didn't listen to the lyrics much so I'll have to listen again. Laura heard it and here's her thoughts, "What are you listening to?"
    Things are going as can be expected. I'm trying to lose some weight - 19 seems like an appropriate goal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say I didn't listen to the lyrics much bc I was watching the video...

    ReplyDelete