Firstborn Son

11/2/2020 Today's song comes from a talented singer-songwriter named Andrew Osenga. My buddy, Aaron introduced his 2012 album, LEONARD THE LONELY ASTRONAUT a few years back and it's been in my rotation ever since. The album is a theme record, related to a man floating in space alone. From what I understand, he recorded much of the album alone in a sound studio built to look like an empty spaceship. It does have a lonely, longing feeling, the entire record. It's a great listen. Today's song is titled Firstborn Son, which has the theme of religious meaning and maybe pressure put upon children. Listen and decide for yourself. A pretty obscure song, from an underappreciated artist: and here's a video of Mr Osenga explaining the concept of this record: I hope you liked the song stuck in my head today. hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment