Ain't She Sweet/Traffic Light/Whatever It Takes/Perfect

IT'S FOUR FOR ONE SUNDAY FUN DAY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get right to it, yo.

First of all, I'm on vacation.  I'm in Del Ray, California and it's just really neat here you guys!

We've crowded into a hotel room together and I didn't sleep very well.  Neither did wifey poo, who claims that I was snoring and so was our 10 year old son.  We were totally having a subconscious battle for who could snore the loudest.  

Anyway, I did wake up a lot during the night.  The first song playing in my brain was one we parodied (my family and my in-laws) at my Grandfather-in-law's 85th birthday party last night.  It's "Ain't She Sweet" which is performed by The Beatles, but written by Milton Anger and Jack Yellen in 1927.  Here's the version I'm familiar with:

Ok, next is the song that immediately followed in my head afterward.  The melody to this song sounds so similar to "Ain't She Sweet" that it stuck in my head as well.  It's the verse of the song and the way it resolves, it sounds really similar to "Ain't She Sweet" in my head.  Here's "Traffic Light" by The Ting Tings.




Next, when I woke up later to make pee pee, this great song that is new to me (thanks to a whole slew of new music that was introduced to me by a new friend) was playing.  I really like this song, here's "Whatever it Takes" by Ron Sexsmith. 





And lastly, the song to which I awoke this morning- which as you know is the formula we follow here at thesongsstuckinmyhead.blogspot.com, LLC.  I over shared today with other songs because this song is from "Children of Eden" which I already talked about two blog posts ago.  If I weren't lazy and on vacation I'd link you up to the post from two weeks ago, but you probably don't care anyway, no offense to me.  

Anyway, the song as I awoke is called "Perfect" and it's about Adam and Eve as they live day to day in the garden of Eden.  Have a listen:





Did you have as much fun as I did on FOUR FOR ONE SUNDAY FUN DAY?   It was sure neat.  We made some great memories today.

Have a neat day!  I'm going to church now!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Yes! Currently the Ting Tings song is still playing as I type this, and I'm digging it. I am so happy to have introduced you to Ron! I believe you mentioned him elsewhere in reference to Feist. I love his music so much. A fantastic songwriter who is both honest, and somehow also always has a sense of hope and light in his music. I love his sense of melody, too. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete