Look Down

Well here I am blogging again.  How have you been?  Well that's neat.

So apparently my subconscious really really likes musical theater these days.  There was a time, yea, many a year ago when all I cared about was musical theater, so I suppose my punishment is to have to blog about songs from various musicals from time to time...

...and that's not to say that I hate musical theater entirely!  But I never listen to it unless I'm at a musical.  I just don't find it enjoyable to casually or actively listen to it unless I'm in a theater.  

So, forgive me if it feels like overkill, but here's "Look Down" from LES MISERABLES:



This, of course, is the opening scene of Les Miserables.  You probably know the story, so I won't bother with details.  These guys are in prison, blah blah blah, life's hard, blah blah, they wish they were free, blah blah, Jean Valjean was jailed in spite of a minor crime blah blah, Javert is a weenie blah blah blah.  

*SHIFTING GEARS*
So if you follow this site, you know that I find great joy in giving away semi-mediocre compilation discs with all the songs I've blogged about here.  Truly, I look forward to it and can't wait until I've have just a few more to fill my latest compilation.  These compilations are limited to rock/pop songs and I've never used musical theater.  Well, I've decided the next contest coming up will include the latest compilation (Volume 8!) along with a Best of Showtunes compilation disc.  Won't that be rad?  

So, my apologies if you're sick of these musical theater posts.  Most of the day I had that "Happy" song by Pharrel Williams going through my head so maybe I spared you from that annoying song (sorry if you like it.)

So, where was I?  Oh, "Look Down" yeah, that was the song stuck in my head.  Isn't it a sad song?  Poor Jean Valjean having to work all those years while in prison *SPOILER* things get better for him though.

OK, have a good night.  I sure had a great time talking about this song.  




No comments:

Post a Comment