Turning Tables

Despite my indifference to her music, Adele has managed to weasel her way into my head now for the second time on a day when I blog.  

I don't have anything against her music or her soulful, raspy voice.  In fact, I'd say I like it.  I just haven't really dug much into her music.  Regardless, her song "Turning Tables" was playing in my head as I lay in bed this morning:





One unfortunate thing about having a blog like this, is having to write about songs that center around a regurgitated theme.  Today's song is about a person coming to terms about the toxic relationship in which she's involved.  It's effective as a song, and as I've probably mentioned before, hundreds of times on this site, I'm a sucker for any song that uses piano and strings.  

"Turning Tables" was the 5th single released from Adele's successful 2011 album, "21"  The song itself was written by Adele and OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder.  

On a serious note, how does Adele get that rich, raspy sound?  Did she catch a nasty cold as a child?  Is she a chain smoker?  Does she swallow sand?  Did she yell really bad at somebody one time?

Isn't that funny how I made a joke about her raspy voice?  

I hope you liked today's blog post, I'd give it a 3 out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment