All These Things That I've Done

I love today's song. 

It's from the Killer's debut 2004 album HOT FUSS.  This is the first song I ever heard by this great band and I was hooked immediately.



Many of you know that I'm a Mormon, and so is the Killers' lead singer, Brandon Flowers (or brother Flowers as I lovingly refer to him.)

I can't help but believe that this song is about Christ.  I could be way off, but listen to the lyrics. 

My favorite is the final line:

 Over and in. 
Last call for sin. 
While everything's lost,
the battle is won,
with all these things that I've done.


I'm not gonna apologize for my religious interpretation of this song.  I will always hear it this way.    I also love that Brandon Flowers can be a hard-core rock star and a Mormon. 

Here's another video in case you haven't seen it. 


I do love the killers.  Yes indeed.  Keep rocking, Brother Flowers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment