Fame

What happens when David Bowie, John Lennon and a guitarist named Carlos Alomar start jamming together one night?

The answer is the first number on hit for David Bowie in 1975.  Here's "Fame"






I suppose the temptation today is to make a long tribute to Bowie since he died last week.  Truth is, that I've never listened much to his music other than the hits, like the one that found its way into my head this morning.  Obviously because I've been thinking about the guy and his music.

But really, it would come across as contrived and trite if I did some sort of dedication to his music, so I'll spare you.  Maybe his death is a call to action for me to start listening to his tunes.

Regardless, I do like this song and I like that I learned about Lennon's involvement with the track.



No comments:

Post a Comment