Lonely at the Top

This morning I woke up stewing and worrying about my kids.   My kids have everything you could ever want or need, and yet they seem unhappy-   This is hard for me when I feel like I've dedicated my life to their care and happiness.

As always happens, Music wandered into my head and the song that played this morning is a good one by the incomparable Randy Newman.  The song is called "Lonely at the Top" and is the second track on his fantastic 1972 album, Sail Away.  Listen!






I know this song is about a superstar who is still miserable.   But my brain drew the parallel when thinking about my kids. Then I came across this article and it made me think that I have a lot to change as a parent to help them in this day and age.  Read!


https://yourot.com/parenting-club/2017/5/24/what-are-we-doing-to-our-children

A neat week to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment