Ready or Not

Part of the fun for me with this blog is the unexpected or unusual songs that I get to write about.

My brain decided to take me back to the 90's, AKA glory days, to get a band's song stuck in my head that I hadn't thought of in years.

Fugees were everywhere in 1996- they were the IT band of hip-hop, rap/R&B.  Nerdy white boys from Utah like me even listened to them!

And thanks to my random brain, I'm listening to them again today!  Huzzah.

Here's "Ready or Not" which was a big hit for once-big music group:









Did I take anyone else down memory lane with this one?

Fun facts!

The chorus of this song is taken from a song from 1968 by The Delfonics.  Have a listen:





Oh, just popped into my head, when Ready or Not by the Fugees was famous, I was 17 years old.  When Ready or Not by The Delfonics was famous, my dad was also 17.  What does this mean?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Other random fact about this song.  They totally used Enya's music on the recording (The Fugees) without permission, and then she sued, they settled out of court and now she holds songwriting credit as well!  So when you stream this song on my blog, YouTube pays both the Fugees and Enya like one penny each!  

Here's the song they ripped off from Enya, it's called "Boadicea" since this is a music blog, I'll put it here as well.







So in a way you kind of got a three for one Sundee Fundee, lucky you.

Thanks for creating magic memories with me on this here blog.

-Brady














No comments:

Post a Comment