Claire's Ninth

Hola Amiguitos,

Today is a good song by my boyfriend Ben Folds with lyrics by Author Nick Hornby.

This is "Claire's Ninth" which lyrically tells the story of a young girl, named Claire (I've always LOVED that name) celebrating her ninth birthday with her parents who have recently separated.  It's a sad song, but it a goodun.

Listen to the lyrics and love the music.








I live in a home with step-children.  I've been around them a dang long time, long enough that we are pretty familiar (notice how the word familiar is derived from 'family') but I've been them suffer in deep ways by having divorced parents.  It can be ugly-  I hope we all deal with it pretty ok, but I know the pain is always there for them.

I know divorce is ultimately the final option for certain people and so I can't condemn it entirely- I know it's hard on kids though.  I don't know what I'm getting at- I try to work at it and work through all tough situations with my wife.  I think we have a good marriage and I am happy about it.  I hope my step-kids love me even though I'm not biological- I know I love them.



No comments:

Post a Comment