Marry Me

1/13/19

No Doubt is a guilty pleasure band for me.  And if I had to share a song with somebody who's been living in a cave and has never heard of the SoCal chart-topping band, I would share "Spiderwebs" or "Just a Girl" or literally ANY track from Tragic Kingdom. 

The track I would LEAST share is the one that was stuck in my head.  I hate being critical, being an artist is hard, I'd imagine.  And songwriting isn't easy.  Try it.  It's not.  But this song just isn't very good-- how Gwen Stefani brought this song to her band, and an expensive production team and it made the final cut for No Doubt's 2000 album "Return of Saturn" is a mystery to me. 

But since I'm particular about my blog, I always honestly share the song stuck in my head. 

Here's "Marry Me" which is the 7th track on the aforementioned record "Return of Saturn."

(Track number 7 is always a weak track on ANY record, do you agree?)

Here's the song.  Let's get sentimental with poor, lonely Gwen who just wants to settle down and get married.  Am I a fan of marriage?  Yes!  The message is fine.  The song is banal.

HUGS






No comments:

Post a Comment