Morning Mood

3/24/19

I turned 40 years old last week.

Now on to something more interesting.

I'd love to compile how many times this classical piece by Edvard Grieg could be referenced in films, television and other popular culture works.  I was a little surprised and not surprised as I heard it in my head while I arose early Sunday morning.  I don't think I've ever taken the full time to listen to this from start to finish-  My blog has inspired me to do this and I enjoyed it very much.

Here's "Morning Mood" which premiered WAAAAY back in 1876 when I was -103 years old lololol.

Listen for heck's sake:










Had enough?  OK, I'll tell you more about this.  

Soooo, apparently some Norwegian dood named Henrik Ibsen wrote a famous play called Peer Gynt, which is about a guy named Peer Gynt who gets into some trouble and has to leave his small village and heads on a journey that takes him all over the place.  The play is full of all kinds of neat existential stuff.  It's pretty great although I've never seen it. 

Anyway, Henrik Ibsen asked Edvward Grieg to compose some background music to play during the play.  Sort of like film scoring before films exist, you follow me?  This famous piece I've shared today takes place in scene 4 of act 4 as Peer awakens after a shipwreck in Morocco.  He's being attacked by monkeys according to Wikipedia.  Wackiness ensues. 

Speaking of wacky, I'm done.

Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment