Ten Years Gone

3/17/19-  St. Patty's Day

When I first fell in love and started dating my wife, back in 2005- one of the first things I learned about her that surprised me is that she loves Led Zeppelin.  Without saying a word, I sort of scoffed in my mind when this was revealed to me.  Who knows why? I don't think I had ever listened to Zeppelin, other than awkward slow dances to "Stairway to Heaven" in Middle School.  My dad was never a fan of the band- and I think it has mostly to do with is being "druggie music" or something like that. 

I'll admit, it's taken me several years, but Led Zeppelin has really grown on me.  Today's song hit me hard upon first hearing it-- I love it! 

"Ten Years Gone" is from Led Zeppelin's 1975 album 'Physical Graffiti.'  and is the 10th track.  I find the whole song completely moving and gorgeous.  It makes me feel excited to look into more of the music I've not yet heard from this masterful band.

Here's "Ten Years Gone."  I hope somebody who reads this (Dad?) may find something special out of it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment