5 Dollars

4/20/20

Hey Andrew,

(until somebody else fesses up that they're reading my blog, these posts will continue to be addressed to my bestie Wandy Z)

This is a new artist to me, Christine and The Queens.  According to the interwebs, is actually a one-man (woman!) show made by French artist Heloise Adelaide Letissier.  If you pronounce her name correctly on the first try, I'll give you a dollar. 

I listened to this album a couple of times because the production and sound of it is really pretty good.  The album is called "Chris"   A little redundant, Chris by Christine and the Queens of Chris.  Chris.  Chris Chris.  The album is kind of neat because there are two discs, same songs, first disc in English and second in French.  Because I'm anal about listening to an album in its entirety, I listened to in consecutively and put one of the tracks on a playlist.  Listened to the playlist and heard the song and now it's in my head OK?  This is how it works.  OK?

The song is called "5 Dollars" although when she sings Dollars in one syllable the way she does in the song it sounds like she says "5 Dolls"  What a crazy, crazy Frenchie! 

Wild times, Wandy.

Here's the song:





 











I didn't check to see if that link worked.  Let me know if doesn't.

Hugs, Brady

1 comment:

  1. I would have no clue what she's saying if it weren't for the lyrics on the video.

    ReplyDelete