Heart is a Drum

I don't have a lot of time and I'm posting a day early.  I'm on my way to lake Powell and won't have internet access while there.  I know, rough life, right?  But I really like the song that was in my head this morning and has been running through my head for the last couple of days.

It's from Beck's new album "Morning Phase."  This album is mellow and just sounds really good to me.  Of all the artists I listen to, Beck uses his time to record in the studio most effectively.  Usually I just like the music to speak for itself, but for some reason I really appreciate the sounds he produces with his recordings.  Listen carefully to this track, "Heart is a Drum" for subtle things, like the way his voice reverbs and harmonizes, and piano and other instruments that highlight the simplicity of this song.

I hope you like it, my subconscious sure does:


3 comments:

  1. I heart Beck!!! This album reminds me of a more fleshed out Sea Change. If he comes to nearby we should go see him in concert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's great. This is a more depressing Sea Change for me. I'm still getting used to it, but really like it.

      Delete
    2. oops, I mean, LESS depressing

      Delete