Blue Danube

Today's melody comes from Strauss.  I wish I knew that when I woke up with this ear worm playing.  Then I would be like "hey guys I'm tote cultured and listen to Strauss and stuff."  But I'm afraid I had to ask my wife what the song was, and without hardly flinching she said "It's Blue Danube by Strauss."  My wife is tote amazing.

And you know the melody- it's a rather pleasant one to have playing in your head as you arise.



This waltz was composed in 1866 by Johann Strauss and is about the Danube River, the second longest river in Europe.  Did you know this?  I did not know this.  But, of course, my wife did.  She's the neatest.



Take time to listen to all eleven minutes of this piece.  It really is beautiful and relaxing and does a lot more than you would know based on the cameos this music receives in popular culture.  The one that sticks out in my mind is Wakko from "Animaniacs" belching along with the melody.



Yes, clips like these are the reasons I know this melody, not because I'm a music scholar.  Should I be ashamed of this, or is Animaniacs too awesome and so it's OK?

I hope I gave you a little culture today.  And I hope even more that you have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment