Look Sharp!

This one goes way way way into my subconscious. 

Today's song is "Look Sharp!" from Joe Jackson's 1979 debut album of the same name. 

When I got my first iPod in 2004, my brother put a whole lot of cool music on it.  I had the iPod for about a year before it died.  Anyway, this song was on it, and this is how it sounds:

 
 
 
 
 
I honestly haven't thought of this song in ages so I'm surprised it was in my head this morning.
 
But guess what?!  It was meant to be because this album came out the year I was born and the song "Look Sharp!" is 3 minutes and 22 seconds in length.  My birthday is March 22 (3/22!!!) so it's not just a coincidence.

I have too much time on my hands.
 
But seriously though isn't this song rad?  It's time for me (and you)  to own some more Joe Jackson in my collection.  

And to clarify, Joe Jackson is this weird lookin' dude:

 
 
 
Not to be confused with, Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson's abusive father:
 
 
 



And also not to be confused with "Shoeless" Joe Jackson:





So many famous Joe Jacksons. 

So many.....



No comments:

Post a Comment