Roosterspur Bridge

Hey friends. 

Quite randomly a song with an even more random name bounced into my head this morning. 

It's from master songstress, Tori Amos.  The song is called "Roosterspur Bridge." 

Like this:



So, have you ever heard of a bridge used as a metaphor in a relationship?  You know, like, a bridge represents the road between two souls?  That kind of metaphor?

Yeah, I've heard it too.  And Amos uses it in this song too! 

But what's unique, I suppose is the name Roosterspur.  It's  not a real bridge as far as I know.  I think Amos just made up the name.  Or the song is about Bruce Spur and Maxine Rooster and their tumultuous relationship.  She's a rascal, that Tori Amos.

The song itself, is from Tori Amos' 2007 album, AMERICAN DOLL POSSE. 

It's the 16th of 23 tracks on the album.  Man, it can be exhausting to be a fan of her music.  Here's what the song sounds like:




I sure hope that Bruce Spur and Maxine Rooster worked out their differences, don't you? 

OK, I'll shut up now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment