Hello!

Well... this was unexpected. 

My wife bought a bunch of songs from various musicals.  She teaches musical theater both out of our home and at a nearby university, so it's good for her to keep up with the world of musicals.  Anyway, what I'm getting at is that there are a lot of songs on my iPod, and since I shuffle songs frequently, I get to listen to these songs.

Today's song comes from The Book of Mormon musical.  The song is called "Hello!"

I haven't seen this musical and as a practicing Mormon, I have mixed feelings about its existence.  Admittedly,  I am a fan of the show's creators and I'm all about satire, just not at the expense of things I hold sacred.

And of course, I'm not out to destroy the show's reputation; I'm just saying that I probably won't see it.  I don't think I'm a prude, I just feel like standing up for my peeps. 

With that being said, here's the song itself.  From what I understand it's a pretty tame track from the show, but if you're offended by lighthearted use of the name Jesus Christ, maybe this song isn't for you.



"Hello!" is the opening song in the show.  It takes place in the LDS Missionary Training Center (or MTC) with various missionaries doing mock door-to-door tracting.  This all relates to home for me considering I myself spent 10 weeks, in 1998, at the MTC in preparation to serve a mission in Rome, Italy. 

If you don't believe me, here's proof:



Well, I'm boring myself, so I can only imagine how anyone reading this would feel. 

Good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment