Flood Water



Today's melody comes from Josh Garrels.  I don't think that you can marginalize this dude by saying his music is a certain genre, he's like a folksy-rocky-hip hoppy-Christian singer-songwriter with one of the coolest voices I've ever heard.

Here's "Flood Waters" which is the second track on the brilliant 2011 album "Love & War & The Sea Between". Seriously.  This album is amazing.  Stream it or buy it.



I love the way Garrels just rolls with each note, where one syllable could just be one simple note, he embellishes and extends the phrase into lovely combinations of notes.   Isn't his voice rad?!?

Even raddest is that this song is about hope, that through love you can make it though the roughest of things- flood waters yo.

Did you like that song?   Had you heard of Josh Garrels?  If not, this is why I write this blog.  I love music and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment