Yellow Hearts

1/13/20

The internets are funny.  Today's song found its way into my Spotify library based on my Random Music Generator when I was forced to listen to the Top 50 tracks in the world. 

Wow, mainstream music is so far past me I don't even know what to think.  I feel old saying it, but I hate that it's the kind of music my children know. 

Today's song isn't too bad, really.  But here's what I find fascinating about it--- it's by an artist named Ant Saunders.  According to The Internets, his real name is Anthony Saunders and he writes and produces his own music.  When I played this song for my 12 year old daughter, she immediately started singing along.  I asked her how she knows the song and she said "Tik Tok"  Which, of course, is an app where kids lip sync.  I'm old. 

Here's the song stuck in my head.  It's called "Yellow Hearts"








"Yellow Hearts" was released just as a single, Ant Saunders has yet to release an album, but this is such a cool example of how somebody can just throw some music they've produced out to The Internets and make a successful story out of it.  As of right now, Spotify says this song has streamed over 97 million times.  According to the web (The Internets you guys) Spotify pays 0.0038 cents per stream.  Let's do some maths!

97,000,000 X 0.0038=  DRUM ROLL....... $368,600

Good for this young man.  I may scoff at what the kids are listening to, but there are worse songs in the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment