Sweetums

I wonder if posting what I'm about to post makes my blog more interesting, or more obnoxious.  Aside from being embarrassed, I also find the strange things playing in my head in the morning fascinating. 

Today's song is from my childhood.  At some point, whether we owned or rented the video cassette, I used to watch THE FROG PRINCE from the TALES FROM MUPPETLAND series. 

Tales from muppetland.jpgFrogPrince-Title-Orig.JPEG


I woud dare say it's been 25 years since I've seen this.  I couldn't tell you the story line (other than familiar plot points from the traditional story) nor could I sing any of the songs from it.  But there's one song that I've retained after all these years, and it happened to be playing in my head this morning.

This is sung by the hairy beast lovingly known as "Sweetums."  In the world of Muppets, I've seen him usually as a friendly character.  In this movie, he's a villain.  At one point he tries to capture Kermit and The Frog Prince.  This is the song he sings as he's trying to get them.  I don't know that I would call it much of a "song" but there is a beat to it, and it was playing in my head regardless. 

(In this clip, the actual song starts at about 2:10, there is a scene beforehand)



According to the official soundtrack, this song is just called SWEETUMS.  Other sources I see call it YUMMY YUMMY TIME. 

My mad subonscious thanks you for your time and attention. 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Interesting we both had muppet songs in our heads today. I like it!

      Delete
  2. I loved that movie. I keep hoping to find it to show it to my kids. Becca and I would always sing that song to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had it in my head yesterday too. since the guy who does elmo's voice got in trouble it immediately got me thinking of henson and then the muppets which always ends up with sweetums the most lovable and funny of them all!

    ReplyDelete