Don't Leave Me

Who's having a great day?  I'm having a great day.  I turned 35 yesterday.  I don't feel old yet, but I wondered what I would look like as an old man, so I hired a professional age enhancing service- you know one of those uber-professional people who take a picture of you and use computers and science and stuff to make you look like you're a lot older than you are.  I was really impressed and happy to know that I age really well guys!  Here's a copy of the picture for you to see!



Oh, I bet you're wondering what song was stuck in my head this morning?  I won't make you wait any longer.

It's by the legendary Harry Nilsson.  Man, I love this guy and I love his music and it breaks my heart that few people know who he is.  The song is "Don't Leave Me" from Nilsson's 1968 album "Aerial Ballet."  It's a short song, only about 2 minutes.  Throughout the song he scats, and man, his vocals are just so rad that I am blown away.  He makes it sound effortless.  And scat almost seems like an unfair word to use... what he does is so uniquely Harry Nilsson (he does this sort of thing on many of his songs) that it almost warrants its own word.  If you don't know who Harry Nilsson is, please change that now by listening to some of his songs.


1 comment:

  1. Harry Nilsson was so amazing. He wrote some wonderful songs, but even more wonderful was his gorgeous singing voice...before he blew it out with too much partying. This guy had so much heart, and you can hear it in every note he sings. I can't get enough of him!

    ReplyDelete