Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

Michael Jackson was something else, and today's song is a credit to him as a song writer, singer, dancer, and performer.

Today's song came to fruition when Michael Jackson, at the age of 20, sought out a career on his own, independent of The Jackson Five.  He wrote and composed the song himself and it quickly became a number one hit.  I've always loved the feel and sound of this song, his falsetto and the lyrics which I feel are impossible the understand.  Enjoy:

















I really love songs.  I can't get enough.  As a society, I don't think we properly listen to music.  How often have you sat down, quietly and just listened to a song?  Have you ever marveled at the beauty of a melody, a clever hook, a smart lyric, or an intelligent chord progression?  Songs are so easily accessed in this day and age, that they are far too often playing in the background, present but ignored and forgotten.

A song is a work of art.  It has singing, poetry, music.  There are so many ways to put a song together between lyrical content, instrument choice, harmony, chords, and voice.  It can be ugly.  It can have a beat.  It can be sad, happy, or anything you want it to be.  It can be subjective and ambiguous.  It can challenge you.  It can profoundly speak to you in a simple way.  A good song will stick with you always, never to be forgotten.



I'm glad I have this blog where I can express myself and my love of music.  If anyone takes anything from this post, I hope more than anything that you'll take time to appreciate music as a work of art.  Take time to really listen.  Enrich someone else's life by sharing a song with them that you enjoy.  Spend some money on an artist you respect, buy his/her CD and encourage the creation of music, which often times is a difficult and unpredictable career.

If anyone is reading this and feels like posting a comment, I'd love to hear about one, or a few songs that you love.  I promise you I will listen to the song if I've never heard it, or listen to it again more in depth if I know the song already.

Have a great week all.

No comments:

Post a Comment