The Big Dollhouse

So.... again I have the musical hairspray running in my head as I wake up this morning.  This time, it was the opening scene of act 2.  It's a real tour de force, so be sure to take a listen:



My kids love this show, so this music is playing a lot in our house as they watch the movie.  But this song isn't in the movie, so who knows why my subconscious is playing it. 

My subconscious is apparently obsessed with hair.  My wife emailed me at 2 in the morning (she was at the computer in our bed next to me, I was fast asleep) and I was making up songs in my sleep.  This is how the song went:

My Hair's really long
And I need to cut it
What a funny circumstance to be in

Sadly, I don't have the ability to write music like I wish I did, but it sounds like my deep subconscious does.  I'm sure I'm a brilliant composer in the deepest part of my dreams. 



No comments:

Post a Comment