Watch Out Boy, She'll Chew You Up

4:30 A.M, I felt a rustling on my bed.  Half-awake, the movement on my bed felt like a small animal.  Terrified, I sat up, only to see my 4 year old daughter crawling across my bed to get under the covers.  Immediately a song jumped into my mind: 


I remember watching this video on MTV as a kid.  I was lucky, I had cool parents that not only let us watch MTV, but encouraged us to watch it, AND watched it with us.  The way my daughter was moving on the bed reminded me of the panther in this video.  Whenever I see a panther, I immediately think about this music video and this song.

Hall and Oates, I think I need to get one of their albums.  Many times in my life, I've heard a song, thinking: "Wow, I like this song," only to learn that it's by Hall and Oates. 

I hope my little girl doesn't grow up to be a maneater.  She's certainly stolen my heart thus far in her life.  I showed her this music video today and she said to me "Dad, do panthers really chew you up?"  No, but dads do to their adorable little girls.

5 comments:

  1. Brady, I can honestly say this song has never been in my head. You seriously kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I started the blog. I have so many songs going through my brain, and what triggers them is inexplicable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another "cute" note: I read the blog to my wife and my 4 year old listened while I read it. After I was done, she said to me "Dad, I'm not gonna grow up to be a man eater, I'm gonna be an artist, or a ballerina." Love that girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hall and Oates! Their MTV videos made them look a lot more cheesey than they really were. How two guys who loved folk music and Philly soul managed to make a career in the disco era is beyond me. Daryl Hall still has a beautiful voice. Watch his TV show At Daryl's House where he gets musicians together to jam in his backyard barn. I want to join them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, since then I have bought a greatest hits album and the reason these guys made it so big is because they are fantastic.

      Delete