Don't Make Frowns, You Silly Clown

I was worried all weekend about the promise I made on the previous blog that I would be willing to perform with my kids.  I started to regret it, mostly because I was afraid that the song stuck in my head would be something difficult to perform, like Radiohead's Paranoid Android, or some Wagnerian Opera or something like that. 

By vote, 85% preferred us singing to making up a dance. 

So I woke up at 5:30 in the morning with another Regina Spektor song going through my head, and I was incredibly relieved because it's the perfect song.  I sat down at the piano after downloading the sheet music and was surprised to find out that my kids know a lot of the lyrics already.

So, here we are putting it all out there with Regina Spektor's "Folding Chair."  Hope you enjoy.  This was our best take, sadly, so don't make fun of us too much.  Getting a 4-year-old to cooperate isn't always the easiest thing. 








My kids are good sports.  This was actually a lot of fun.

Just for kicks, I'm posting the video of Regina singing it, so that you can see someone make justice of the song.



9 comments:

  1. You just made my whole night! Love the cash family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and fun! Zoe is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you guys so much!!! I'm crying right now. That was so sweet and funny and beautiful. The kids were amazing. You're such a good daddy. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, you need a youtube channel to make it easy for people to share your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are such good singers. Amazing. And maybe I already asked this, but Peyton has glasses? Where have I been?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa!!! Dang cute grandkids (oh and you too, Brady!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family is adorable and so talented. I love this video! You should make more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay Brady, THIS ROCKS! You're kids have great voices and I love their willingness to perform. I admire that IMMENSELY!!! I've never heard this song, I now love it. Thanks for truly brightening my day. Do it again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s. you're voice is fantastic too. . . of course!

    ReplyDelete