Hands Down

My subconscious would like to share some Emo with you.  Today's song comes from Dashboard Confessional.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the term "Emo," it refers to a type of music, and even sub-culture I would say, that has to do with emotion in music/lifestyle.  It's a way of saying "hey, there's nothing wrong with expressing your emotions."

Generally, I find the music a bit sub-par, and the lyrics to be pretty direct.  There's little interpretation when it comes to what an artist is trying to express in this type of music.


Dashboard Confessional was the first band I had ever heard referred to as "Emo."  For fun, just now I did a Google search "list of emo bands," and Dashboard came up second on the list, right behind Jimmy Eat World.  I first heard today's song on a compilation disc my little brother made for me, probably in 2004, or 2005.  I do like this song.  I hope you enjoy it too.


2 comments:

  1. I may have gone through a Dashboard phase in the mid 2000s. It may have culminated in me attending a concert at Berkeley High School. I may have been the oldest person there. I may have sung along and freaked out my date. But I won't confirm any of that.

    ReplyDelete