Fireflies (Light Messengers)

Today's song comes from a dandy little emo (alternative grunge?) band called Saosin.

It's the final track from their 2009 album IN SEARCH OF SOLID GROUND:







Ringing in at eight minutes and thirty seconds, this is likely the longest pop song I've ever blogged about.

In my opinion, few songs can be longer than 5 or 6 minutes without getting pretentious or even obnoxious.  This song fits the bill for me.  Musically it isn't doing enough to warrant over 8 minutes.

Maybe there's something I'm missing.  Maybe the song is just eight and a half minutes too long? 




If anyone in internet-land has something to add to what I've already said, feel free.

For now, a happy week to all.

-Brady






















1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should try listening to it at 1.5x or 2x speed. I've found much of today's pop music is better that way... or at least it's more tolerable because it ends sooner.

    ReplyDelete