Requiem For the Masses

This is an anti-war song by The Association from their 1967 album "Inside Out."  I can't say enough about how much I love this album.  This is the last track on it.  I particularly love the harmonies, the snare drum and the overall renaissance feel to the song.  Nice work Association.

I also read that the Nixon administration discouraged Columbia records from promoting this song.  It was getting some radio play and its anti-war sentiments during the peak of the Vietnam war were causing some uproar from fans of the song.  I can't confirm if  Nixon's involvement was true, but it's a great story if it's true.








The Association are a prime example of a collaborative band:  six talented musicians taking writing the songs and switching up singers and instruments.  It's hard to find a band these days doing this sort of thing. 



I hope you enjoyed this "traysure" of a song ("traysure" is the way Utahns pronounce "treasure")

It's a good one.  

1 comment: