Shake, Rattle & Roll

Today I'm going to tell you a true story.

It happened to me and it happened this morning.

I woke up-  I heard a strange sound.  It was something I had never heard before.  It was dark.  I was half-awake and wasn't sure what the sound was.

Tink
Tink
Tink
Tink
Tink....

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.  "What is that?"

Tink
Tink
Tink it went.

And
Tink
Tink
Tink some more.

Finally I realized it was the ceiling fan.  It had been turned on its high setting on this hot summer night.



Image result for ceiling fan noise




I thought to myself "why is the fan making so much noise?"

"Oh, it's because it's shaking"

And today's song weaseled into my head as my ceiling fan "shook, rattled and rolled."




This song is from 1954, and although written by Charles Calhoun, Bill Haley & His Comets made it famous in 1956.

I hope you Shake, Rattle and Roll your way into a neat week and I hope that you Shook, rattled and rolled on this expecially neet fathers day.

A hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment