Precious Things

Post from 10-26-16

The following is an incomplete blog post that was never finished because my wife is super busy and waayy too cool for this blog.  



Hi friends.  This is Megan, Brady's wife.  I'll be doing his blog post today since the song stuck in his head was introduced to him by myself and I happen to be a huge fan of this artist.  It's Tori Amos singing "Precious Things."  A really dark song with a ton of emotion that she expertly shows through rhythm, dynamics and text.

I became obsessed with Tori at the age of 16 because I was the typical self absorbed, insecure, fat kid who oh so desperately needed to emote. Fun huh?  Tori and I sang together, cried together and I released all those crazy hormones while her piano keys became my own personal sound track of life.

Image result for insecure kid cartoon


Luckily I made it through teen-hood and am now a fairly well adjusted adult...but I still love Tori and always will.  Another reason for this is the piano.  







Ok, this is the complete opposite of Tori, but I had to share that song because Judy Garland rocks and the song, by Irving Berlin, is a classic.

Back to Tori....the song "Precious Things" is about


Brady here again, Megan stopped at this point.  Going forward the rest will be by me..... sorry....

Obviously Tori Amos got stuck in my head.  The song is good and it's hard, dangerous, edgy and what made Tori Amos the queen of 90's piano rock.  I find it mostly about a dangerous and insecure girl finding herself not fitting and wanting to belong while resenting everything around her.

Be forewarned that this song has some strong language.

Here's "Precious Things" by Tori Amos, from her 1992 debut album LITTLE EARTHQUAKES.










I've amassed enough songs to make another compilation disc- I'll be doing something about that soon, like a contest or something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment