Western Union

4/1/18

Today's song is unique in that it was a tune I had heard for years without hearing the actual recording of the song.  My ol' dad used to sing this one all the time  ♪Western Uniooooooon da da da da da du du du du du da da da♫  I loved waking up to this one in my head and promptly found the 1967 hit (by Five Americans) on YouTube and bought the song to add to my collection.

At Easter dinner with my parents and brothers we talked about the song and before long everybody had guitars out and it quickly turned into a jam session.  I come from a cool family.

We recorded it, and here it is to enjoy.







And here's the original group performing the song.  It's a catchy one.









For the record, Five Americans disbanded in 1969, two years after their hit, and only two of the founding members are still alive. 

I had fun sharing this song with you.  Have a good one pals.

Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment