Hot Knife (and Xuxa)

TWO FOR ONE TUESDAY!


This is arguably my most embarrassing post yet.  So I'm gonna cheat and give you two songs, hopefully to counter the first.

That being said, today I woke up with a strange song from my childhood.  Does anyone remember Xuxa?  She was a Brazilian model and children's TV show host.  She had a show on television in the early 90's.  I don't remember much about it, but I do remember the annoying theme song.  Here is a clip.




There was something about this show.  I'll admit that I had a crush on her, but it seems like whenever it was on, even though I was rolling my eyes, I couldn't stop watching.  I also remember that there were silly challenges the kids would play.  When some kid won, Xuxa would shout "We have a WEEEENER" with her think Brazilian accent.  It seems like my family always made fun of that.  A special shout out as well to Xuxa's wardrobe.  The 90's were an awful time for fashion indeed.



OK, so that was my morning song, but I did have another song that was playing in my head when I woke up at 3:00 A.M to make pee pee.  It's from Fiona Apple's new album.  Upon my first listen, this album was tough to swallow.  I am a fan of Fiona Apple's music, have been for many years, and so I want to give it a fair shot.  It's very strange musically, and very dark lyrically.  The song I'm posting today is the final track and probably the one I would share with you if I were introducing this album to you.  So, here's HOT KNIFE for you to enjoy.



Don't judge me. 

1 comment: