I'm a Cuckoo

The song spinning in my brain this morning comes from Scottish indie group Belle and Sebastian.  They have some great songs and today's is no exception.  Here's "I'm a Cuckoo" from their 2004 album DEAR CATASTROPHE WAITRESS.



This song is the second single released from this album.  Lyrically it sort of details a character spinning out of control as he tries to reconcile or connect with a relationship.  Take your pick.

Wow, there are lots of lyrics in this song.

What I like about this song is the way the lyrics just sort of roll, almost unstructured, as if a crazy person is blurting out a bunch of things, trying to make sense of what's bothering him, until he finally confesses "There's something wrong with me.  I'm a cuckoo."

I also love the horns and just the general feel of this song.  Not too bad.  Not too bad indeed.

In unrelated news, I'm reading a 700 page biography about the life of Michael Jackson.  Pretty much can't put the book down.  I'm going to go read it again now.  I'm a cuckoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment