There! I've Said It Again

While most of the time these songs I write about here are totally random, often times they have relevance.  Such was the case today.

Tragically, a well-loved great Aunt of mine died yesterday.  Cheryl Stone was her name.  She was a respected vocal teacher in my hometown, and she died unexpectedly of complications from pneumonia yesterday morning.

I've been thinking about her all day and the influence she had on my family.  We loved her and her husband Roi, who were the best kind of people there are: kind, loyal, honest, and good.  Roi died last year.  He had been sick for some time so when we lost him it was expected.  Cheryl's death yesterday came as a complete surprise.

At Roi's funeral, my wife and I got to sing this lovely song, "There! I've Said It Again."  It was a love song that Cheryl and Roi shared.  It was in my head this morning as I thought about this great lady who was not only an aunt, but a voice teacher and friend for me in my youth.  I will miss her very much.



I love you Aunt Cheryl.  This one is for you.  I hope you and Roi are dancing to this song as I'm listening to it.  






2 comments:

  1. ahhh...brought a tear to my eye, for sure...love her

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete