Half Alive/Heartbreak Hotel

It's been a few weeks so I'm catching up with a special blog post today.  It's time for:







That's right!  You get two songs today!  And if you happened to have grown up in Southern Idaho in the 50's and 60's like my dad, you will likely pronounce "Sunday" the same way, "Sundee!"

Well, since it's Sundee and I blog on Sundees, and since I missed last Sundee, you get to learn about both songs in the same week!

I'm sharing two songs that have similar messages,first here's last Sundees song, "Half Alive" from Emo band extraordinaire, Secondhand Serenade.  It comes from the band's debut album AWAKE (2007) and is the opening track.  Have an emo listen:

(it's totally about a deteriorating relationship, so sad!)












And now for t'other song, let's travel back in time to the year 1956 where a little fellow named Elvis Presley shook his hips and sang some toonz!  

Back in them days (this poor grammar is intentional, I'm in a weird mood) there waren't many albums so this here song was just a single and I guarantee you've heard it before too!  

Here's Elvis' 1956 hit song, Heartbreak Hotel y'alls.









(just like Half Alive, this is a sad song but this time the relationship is already deteriorated, so sad!) 


I hope you enjoyed two for one Sundee Fundee and the magic memories we created today.  I LUBB YOU SO MUCH BLOG READER PERSON!



No comments:

Post a Comment