Be Gentle, Robin!

5/13/18



When I was a Kindergartner, I attended Washington Elementary School in Pocatello, Idaho.  My memory is garbage when it comes to what happened last week, but I have fairly vivid memories of my childhood, including these formative years for me in Pocatello before my family moved the following year to Utah.

Today's song is kind of fun, because it comes from that time in my life.  Around that time there was a singer-songwriter named Peter Allsop who had released a children's album that my parents purchased for us.  I LOVED these songs and between me and my brother & sister we practically wore the tape out on the cassette we owned.   These songs are permanently tattooed to my brain.

Just now, I couldn't remember how we came across Peter Allsop's music.  In my memory, there was a an event at my school, and he was there selling cassette tapes of his albums.  The memory is pretty vivid to me, but I just asked my brother and he says that he doesn't remember this.  The year was 1985 and I was 6 years old, so who knows.  More than likely I only imagined meeting him, or I got him mixed up with someone else.


OK, I'm rambling.  Today's song comes from Peter Allsop, from his 1983 album "Wha'D'Ya Wanna Do?"  This is a great album for kids, I highly recommend it!

The song stuck in my head is called "Be Gentle, Robin!" have a listen little buddies....












I hope you enjoyed the song stuck in my head.

Does anybody read these?  haha.  Love you.  Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment