Chin Up

Here's a classic from my childhood.

(Did you know that Debbie Reynolds was the voice of Charlotte in the 1973 animated film 'Charlotte's Web'?   I didn't!)

(Did you know that the Sherman Brothers (Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Jungle Book, The Aristocats) did the music to this film?  I didn't!)

Today's song comes from "Charlotte's Web"  I can't tell you how many times I watched this as a kid.  Even when I got a little older and 'too cool' to watch animated films, it still was a film I would watch and enjoy when my little brother wanted to watch it.  It remains in my heart a beloved film from my childhood and it's still a story that I love.

Anyway, "Chin Up" is the song that Charlotte, the optimistic and loving spider, sings as a way to lift the spirits of Wilbur the Pig.  Here's the song stuck in my head.








Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment