Bleeding All Over You

Today I had a song playing by Martha Wainwright.  She comes from a famous musical family and having been a fan of her father Loudon Wainwright III and especially her brother, Rufus Wainwright, I've tried to like her music too. 

And that's not to say that I don't like her music, I've bought both of her albums, I just don't think she speaks to me the way other members of her family have.  I can't imagine the pressure of wanting to start out on your own as an artist when your family is already famous. 

Martha is raspy voiced and deeply confessional as a musician.  Poor Martha has found herself in love with a man who is married in this song.  I could only find live performances, I prefer studio recordings, but this one is pretty good:



I don't claim to be an authority on anything, but I have been told that nothing good comes from getting involved with a married man.  Case in point, Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction

Or Drew Barrymore in Poison Ivy

Or even worse Betty Rubble and Fred Flintsone.  



OK, so that one never happened, but imagine if it had!  Be careful Martha Wainwright!

No comments:

Post a Comment