The One You Love

I'm back.  I'm thrilled to share the song stuck in my head today, "The One You Love"  by Rufus Wainwright

Funny, I blogged about his sister Martha just last post.  She is one of the back-up singers in this song.  Now if we can get his father, Loudon Wainwright and his mother, Kate McGarrigle, then we'll have the whole family covered.  Let's see if my subconscious allows it. 

Anyway, I love this song.  One thing that made me fall in love with my wife is that I could play her a song by Rufus Wainwright and she "got it," meaning she understood why the music is so cool and interesting.  Rufus is a gifted musician, ranging from folk, to rock, to classical.  This song is one of my favorites of his...

I'M AFRAID I HAVE A DISCLAIMER ON THIS SONG, there is an F-word!  It happens right about 1:44 in the song.  If you have extra sensitive ears, I would mute it from about 1:40-1:50 to be safe.  I want this blog to be fun for everyone to read, so I hope this doesn't offend anyone. 



For those of you offended by this, HOPEFULLY A CONTEST WILL MAKE UP FOR IT! 

I noticed my numbers dwindling on my blog visits, but boy howdy when I run a contest the numbers go up!  I guess nobody cares about my songs, they just like the free stuff. 

And I've upped the ante y'all- you thought the prizes last time were awesome, these will blow you away! 

TO BE CLEAR:  THERE WILL BE 4 PRIZES, 4 DIFFERENT WINNERS

PRIZE NUMBER 1-  A copy of "The Best of the Songs Stuck in Brady's Head, Volume 2" AND Mango Hi-Chew Candy:

PRIZE NUMBER 2-  A Copy of the beloved classic "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" (we got 2 as wedding gifts, this one is brand new out of the package) and package of Strawberry Hi-Chew Candy




PRIZE NUMBER 3-  A 25$ Gift Card to the Cheesecake Factory AND a package of Grape Hi-Chew candy.  *



*Tyranosaurus Rex Child Not Included

PRIZE NUMBER 4-  By Popular Demand, we've taken the dust off the OLD CD CASE.  This is my ancient CD case that holds 280 different CD's.  Pick a number between 1-280 and you will win the CD in this case that falls under this number.  There are some real gems in here, and some real garbage! 



TO ENTER THIS AMAZING GIVEAWAY... Simply post a comment below with the following details:

1-  What song is currently stuck in your head.  Don't lie or you will be disqualified.
2-  Watch the music video of  the song I posted today from 1:17-1:26, this is the first 2 lines of the 2nd verse.  What is he saying?  Honestly, I don't know and neither does Megan.  Give it your best guess.  You don't need to get it right, but if you google search, you will be disqualified. 
3-  Pick a number between 1-280 in case you happen to win prize number 4. 

I will randomly pick 4 winners, the drawing will take place this coming Saturday, the 26th of May! 

Good luck, tell all your friends!

ONE MORE THING, PLEASE READ THIS-  Seriously, if you post a comment on your iPhone, it will not work!  Even if it tells you it's posted.  Either do it on your PC or Laptop at home, or you can always email your comments to cashbrady@gmail.com 


17 comments:

  1. 1. Thompson Twins, If you were here.
    2. Let it go in the morning, circlin’ around is a big forest (I can't ever understand him)
    3. 94

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I still get to enter even though I won before? I feel kinda greedy but I really want that strawberry hi chew.

    Santigold, This Isn't Our Parade (from her new album. Woot!)
    Let it go when I want it, circlin' round this lovely forest
    157

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady room bitter hornets circling round the snow before us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Happy Birthday
    2. "Let her gloom and warnings circle around is a big forest
    3. 12 (I am hoping for some Blind Melon)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog Brady!

    1. City & Colour - The Girl
    2. Lady bloom in the mornings circling around is a big forest
    3. 14

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Hello Dolly!
    2. Oh, yeah, blah, blah the woman around us.
    3. 13

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Donde lieta usci (this was because I was thinking of Megan this morning and her audition :))
    2. Let it, too many hornets
    Circle around there's none before us
    3. 34

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I'm leavin' a jet plane (the version they sing in Armageddon, not the cool John Denver version)f
    2. "lady gloom and her hornets, circling round this lonely forest
    3. 157 (you're on kat! muahaha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How dare ye challenge me number! Also you totally looked up those lyrics. J'accuse!! (Apparently I'm a French pirate today.)

      Delete
  9. 1. Lou Lou Skip to my Lou (it is driving me INSANE!)
    2. I heard "Ladies and their bloomers circling around and before us."
    3. 7

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Fidelity by Regina Spektor
    2. The ladies be gloomy in the mornings, circling around is now before us (?)
    3. 38

    (I better win this time and I'm still waiting for my last prize!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Running Away by Hoobastank. Yup. And yes, I had to look up who it was.
    2. You've got to be kidding me. I thought I'd give it an honest shot, but it turns out I just can't even begin to understand Rufus. Is he saying anything? I hope you can excuse me because of my general inability to hear lyrics, but I will understand if this disqualifies me. At least I didn't look it up.
    3. 277

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. Hopelessly Devoted to You
    2. "Let the Human awards Circle Around us"
    3. 146

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. The Blue Danube
    2. Hefmm serfe mammems around us.
    3. 1

    p.s. I'm really hoping for prize #1 the Songs Stuck In Brady's Head Volume 2. I need it for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. Tubthumper by Chumbawumba. Don't judge me.
    2. Lay me down blah blah circling round me??? I can't tell what he's saying in most of his songs, honestly. :)
    3. 14

    ReplyDelete
  15. For anyone who cares, here are the real lyrics:

    "Lady gloom and her hornets
    Circling around is now before us."

    ReplyDelete
  16. Songstuckinmyhead:
    Elenore by the Turtles

    Guess:
    "Let it be known, it's circling the drain of the forest."

    47

    ReplyDelete