Don't Let's Start

D- World Destruction
O-Ver an Overture
N-Do I Need
'- Apostrophe
T- Need this Torture?

Of all the music videos I've yet posted, I think this is easily my favorite:


Is there a nerdier band?  No.  Is there a band that rocks harder?  Yes, of course, but whether you like it or not, these guys rock. 
 
I'm an unapologetic die-hard fan of They Might Be Giants.  There is nobody that makes music like this, unique, intelligent, clever.  I challenge you to find 2 tracks that sound alike. 

I've been able to see them in concert twice.  You will find the most diverse group of people at a They Might Be Giants concert: 

Punk Rockers



   
Nerds



Goths



Families



Dungeon and Dragoners



Amish



American Gladiators



Delta  Burke





In case you're wondering which of these 8 categories I fit into, it's 7 of the 8 which includes everything except Punk Rockers. 
"Don't Let's Start" released in 1986, was the first music video by an independent band to play on MTV.  It was a huge deal at the time and it's a great song.  The End. 

1 comment:

  1. We saw them at The Depot a couple of years ago or so. They played their entire Flood album. Great concert!

    ReplyDelete