I Want You (She's So Heavy)

The more I listen to today's song, the more it grows on me.  It's an unusual song for the Beatles- it sounds bluesy in a way, and is almost eight minutes long.

This is from "Abbey Road" which is my favorite Beatles' album.  I've said this before, but if you have never listened to "Abbey Road" start to finish, alone with no distractions, now is the time.  It showcases the Beatles' talent more than any of their other albums, especially each individual member of the band.

Here's the song:



I grew up on The Beatles.  So did my wife.  That's why our two children are named after Beatles' songs:  Lucy and Jude.  We were speculating about having another child for about half a second before we talked ourselves back to our senses.  I never say never, but I doubt we will have more kids.  This is unfortunate because there are so many other Beatles' song names that we could have used. 

If Megan and I were The Duggar family (that's the family on reality TV who has 20 kids, or whatever) this is what we would have named our other kids, after Beatles' songs, of course:






Eleanor Rigby Cash

Robert Douglas Cash (From Dr. Robert, my father-in-law, Doug, is a Doctor)

Julia Jolene Cash (Julia is Lennon's mother, Jolene is MY mother)

Rita Bella Cash (Bella, is "Lovely" in Italian)

Maggie Mae Cash

Anna Anna Cash (I have a sister-in-law, Anna, so heck, we'd give her the song, and the sister's name)

Lady Madonna Cash

Martha Letha Cash (Megan's grandma Letha)

Maxwell Nicholas Cash (after my Dad)

Michelle Corinne Cash (Megan likes the middle name, and it's French.)

Penny Lane Cash

Pam Polythene Cash

Rocky Guy Cash (after my Grandpa Guy)

Sadie Cash (with all these girls, we'll let this one keep Cash as a middle name)

and last but not least:

Mr. Kite Cash


1 comment:

  1. I'm a little offended there is no Kellie after your favorite cousin. ;)

    ReplyDelete