Cats and Dogs

If you've been in a cave the last 3 years, you will not have heard of the band "The Head and the Heart."  If you've been living outside of a cave the last 3 years, you will probably not have heard of them either.  You will know this band only one of 3 ways:

1)  You are really really cool, and somehow happened upon them since their album was released a few years ago

2)  You happened to see the 16th episode of "How I Met Your Mother's" 7th season and heard one of their songs, liked it, and bought their album.

3)  You went to Boise recently to see your Uncle John, who has good taste in music, and he gave you a copy of the album.

In my case, it was the 3rd option.  I instatly fell in love with this music.  The song that was stuck in my head (Cats and Dogs) this morning is here:


What's sad about this band, is that it's not likely that you'll ever hear them on the radio and they are writing really pleasant and great music.  It makes me wonder how much great music there is out there that I'm missing.  Feel free to let me know of anything I should be listening to that is hard to find.                        

On the subject of Cats and Dogs, well cats at least, I'm somewhat embarrased to admit that as I kid I was mildly obsessed with cats.  While other kids were hanging posters up of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Racecars, and Michael Jordan, I was rockin it with posters of kittens and cats. 


I thought it was perfectly normal for a 10 year old boy to dream about cats, draw pictures of cats and dream about owning a large home one day full of cats. 

I'm proud to say that with years of shock therapy and watching Oprah, that I have overcome my obsession with kittens.  As an adult I only now own one cat, a mangy outdoor cat named Tigger.  Now if someone could just help me get over my obsession with really awesome obscure music like "The Head and the Heart" has to offer... 


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I finally looked at this blog! I just bought this song. Here is the song thats stuck in my head today...My Body by Young the Giant. And here are some other good ones I also purchased today...
    Lolita by Throw Me the Statue
    We Turn it up, Wolf and I, and Son of a Gun by Oh Land (if you like chick singers ha)
    I bought some Punch Brothers stuff... it's like way cool bluegrass stuff!
    Youth by Beach Fossils
    Forever by Walter Meego
    Hold You In My Arms by Ray LaMontegne
    The Daylight by Andrew Belle
    St. Judys Comet by Paul Simon and maybe...... a Justin Biebers new song Boyfriend.....
    yes, I went a little crazy lately! Sometimes I feel like my music is trying to strangle me and I will die if I don't get new stuff! You should check some of that stuff out if you haven't heard it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whitney Downey Jr. I am checking out these songs and they are great. Can't wait to add them to my collection.

      Thanks,
      Brady

      Delete