Souverian

Wow, this was a doooooooozey. 



The last time I made an effort to sing the song stuck in my head, it turned out to be the perfect song to sing with my kids.  I put too much trust in my subconscious this time, and it backfired a bit. 

Anyway, the song stuck in my head Friday morning was another by Andrew Bird (I'm finding some artists are coming to me in twos) called "Souverian."  I thought to myself "we're awesome, we can pull this off."  Unfortunately, this song isn't much fun for kids to sing.  I tried, but could only get good ol' Zoe to participate. 

My wife tried to convince me to do something else.  Unfortunately, one of my more unflattering traits is that I can be a bit compulsive about dumb things.  "I told people reading my blog that I would perform the song stuck in my head Friday morning, and by golly, I'm gonna sing it!  It doesn't matter if it's 'Stairway to Heaven' or the theme song to 'Thundercats.'  I'm anal, so I'm gonna do it anyway!" 

A few things, before you watch the video.  The original song is 7 minutes long.  I kind of chopped it up to make it shorter and easier to perform.  Also, we couldn't find the sheet music, so we're doing our best, although I'm sure the melody is off a few times.  If I had my way, we would have had guitar and violin to go with the piano.  Sadly, I can't always have what I want. 
So, here it is, enjoy?




And here is the real song by Andrew Bird.  I really think this is a beautiful song. 



I will work on being more selective about which song is more fitting when involving my kids. 

Thanks for caring.

5 comments:

  1. never give up, never surrender!

    side note: courtney and I have both individually noticed that zoe has a really good singing voice

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is Zoe? She just keeps getting better and better, at singing as well as just general awesomeness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brady, I love that you invest your time in something that seriously warms my heart so much. What an amazing person you are to do something so creative that shows how much you love music and your family. I love the videos. You inspire me to get my granny's piano delivered from the house in Idaho so that I can sign with Berlin. Oh, and to learn to play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks. I'm having a lot of fun doing it and will try to do more videos. We need to get Megan involved so we can sound really good.

      Delete
  4. Btw, I only have the remnants of weird dreams in my head when I wake up. Where is my personal soundtrack?

    ReplyDelete