What is a Guitar But a Box of Sound

I'm learning more and more that my subconscious really digs girl singers.  I'm not saying that I'm not a fan of girl singers, some of my favorite music has been produced by women.  I've just never noticed before writing about what plays in my head, that so much of it is by women. 



I'm just starting to get into her music, so it's hard to say much about her, but I know classifying Ani DiFranco into any type of sterotype would be belittling.   She's as hard-core as it comes.  She has the ability to lay it all out there lyrically, not holding back, giving you music that can be hard to listen to, then turning out some of the most beautiful melodies you've heard.  But isn't that what life is like?  Why should music always be pretty?  For me, it's refreshing that there is honesty in what she does as a musician. 

So, this is the song that was playing this morning.  There is something about the dissonance in the saxophones that sticks with me in this song.  It's both beautiful and haunting to me. 



I hate to digress, but I don't understand why, when I have so many AMAZING prizes available (see Saturday's post) and only 7 people have entered the contest.  Boy people, you are really missing out.

I'm also getting lots of requests to post more videos of my family singing.  I am happy to do it again.  Last time we did it is when I got 1000 visitors to my blog.  I will do it again once I've had 2000 visitors, which should happen soon enough, so if you care to see us sing again, keep checking the blog and sending people to it who you know like music... 

So to sum up:

Ani DiFranco rocks

My readers are ungrateful and unappreciative of the great prizes I'm offering

I will sing again with my family if we can get to 2000 visits to my blog

1 comment: